 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1455
Re: train bridges
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:07:26 GMT

"Tim Strutt" <heidi.strutt@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Also, a question about the EluraCar; does it need 15-brick height across
the entire width? The reason I ask is that I am trying to build a tunnel
and with the arch on top of the entrance/exit it has less clearance at the
sides than it does in the center. Please let me know, as I really want it
to accomodate the EluraCar.
Thanks. Play well.

Well... I mean, The top profile of the camera is <6 studs; the widest part
of the camera is across the base and that's 6 studs exactly. So I'd say that
as long as the sidewalls of the tunnel are 8wide compliant (ie, 10 studs of
width), you'd be safe to begin to degrate the clearance at the top, appr. 10
studs up, to a minimum width at the top of 6 studs. And I mean, that's an
*absolute* minumum; with 6 studs fo clearance, I've got ~1-2 mm of clearance
on either side; which means if there's any rockign of the car at all, my
camera gets the ick. :) So I'd say if it's to be compliant it's going to
have to be 8 studs at the top.

I feel really guilty imposing all these rules. :-/

    Iain