 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *4509 (-20)
  Re: Winners Finds

(...) Friday, June 7th. ???? But I planned my vacation around the general principle that dinners would be on the second Friday of each month. This mean I will miss dinner for the first time since I started coming to rtlToronto dinners. If I get on (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  I edited a story....

I wrote this one day quite a few weeks ago...(don't remember the exact date) Well I sent it to Richard Noekel since he is a big ABS midieval fan, like myself. He graciously replied it back to me so I could get a copy of it... I added the pics to it, (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl11 Concerns, finalized date and stuff soon

a) Chris, why not make it a "NEVER AGAIN 1 rcx rule, effective immideatly"? What's the big deal with limiting to 1 rcx anyway? If some one can do it with a single rcx (or even a scout), well more power to them, one more thing they'll have a right to (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: I need to score.....

(...) I'm of the belief that the flag should be in a known (read, center of center island) place. Iain brought up a very good point, which is that no one really knows how to do search and destroy very well at all. Considering the size of the table, (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: I need to score.....

(...) gets (...) So then one can build a folding 'flail' of some sort that can reach from the starting position to the flag on the other end. As soon as the round begins the flail (with a battery box at the end for an added kick) will start rotating (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Lion's Den almost complete...

Just giving an update to the castle.... I decided to work on the roof, since I had enough grey plates to work on it, and put on the blue roof tiles in the centre...and then worked on the central tower. I was going to put on two side towers, but as I (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: I need to score.....

(...) Existing rtlToronto scoring has usually been: For BOTH robots: 0 points for the loser 1 point each for a tie 2 points for the winner ridicule for anyone showing up wearing a double windsor. One possible case is where a robot A goes across but (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl11 Concerns, finalized date and stuff soon

(...) He he I am not quite 'super' yet. I just believe that there is no need to use motor or sensor to deploy the bridge. (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Winners Finds

(...) Still sitting here waiting to go. I actually have one more large and one more medium shirt, then I need to buy a new batch. My long term goal is new shirts (same pattern, maybe different shirt colours) by BrickFest. I said this nearly a year (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  I need to score.....

this new game coming up. (smirk) much like the last game project X, a clear way to score contestant who have not fully completed the challenge needs to be discovered. I have no good ideas (yet) except to hire or pay professional judges to score each (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl11 Concerns, finalized date and stuff soon

(...) I'm at odds with this. It was my(?) idea to tout the 1 rcx rule so that I could justify a NEVER AGAIN 1 rcx rule. but if this need to be a multi rcx game..... on the other hand Ka-On the super lego guy claims to be able to do it with a (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Winners Finds

(...) Oh! we’re doin’ trades!!! ~I'm in… Ben, I've got the customized knight made for you. Hopefully you can bring the archer from the Guarded Inn with the flared bullet helm to trade. And also, since you have a few Bull’s Attack sets, would it be (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Winners Finds

(...) No problem...I'll have to test it out to double check it works alright. Had 2 of them, but sold one... will remind you a day or two before the next dinner.... Ben (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Winners Finds

(...) Hey Ben, I'll trade you a 9V geared (ie, the Mindstorms kind) for the non geared...will bring it to the next meeting if you remind me. Calum (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Winners Finds

(...) Well I guess I'm lucky then...I have 2 Winners right near my house... approx. 5 minutes each way. East-side St. Kitts Rules!!! (Except the one Zellers on the West side has a better selection, and there tend to be more finds on the Walmart on (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl11 Concerns, finalized date and stuff soon

(...) I will enter with a single RCX. This game is almost do-able with a single scout. (...) A pulley wheel would be nice. With this design, a bot don't even need to use a sensor to find it. It only need run around and use a pair of rotating fingers (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl11 Concerns, finalized date and stuff soon

17th is good for me Multi-RCX (in case you had any doubts!) Flag in the center of the table Pulley wheel or another tire on top No need to cross the table...object is to lift the flag (I'm not convinced that I agree with this one because we really (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: August 17th possible date for rtlToronto11?

(...) Hey Guys! Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while. I have been busy at work, and busy at home sorting LEGO :) My Dad returned from California last month, where they went to lots of flea markets, and when he returned home, he brought me (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl11 Concerns, finalized date and stuff soon

(...) I may have mentioned this once or twice--multi-rcx! (...) Whatever, if it's on the center table, put it in the center. Can we then start our robots anywhere on the starting tables? if so, I could place my 'bot right across from the flag and (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl11 Concerns, finalized date and stuff soon

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:Gwr9Dp.8Cw@lugnet.com... (...) this (...) I'm definately thinking this should be open - I didn't reailze it was a 1-RCX only event so far. :-/ (...) of (...) I'd prefer if it was in the (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact