 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4507
Re: rtl11 Concerns, finalized date and stuff soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 04:40:48 GMT

a) Chris, why not make it a "NEVER AGAIN 1 rcx rule, effective immideatly"?
What's the big deal with limiting to 1 rcx anyway? If some one can do it
with a single rcx (or even a scout), well more power to them, one more thing
they'll have a right to brag about. After all brag rights is all we're
really contesting for...

b) Center of the table for sure! At least that way we can some-what rely on
programming to locate the flag, rather than chaotic searching and pure luck.

c) Pulley wheel will be perfect, as I can see a single bushling being quite
a challenge.
Will there be a tyre on the wheel? Can we put two wheels on, just to give
the flag a bit more weight?

d) Like I mentioned in "I need to score" post earlier, I though the whole
point of this game was to  make a step back to mobile vehicles and away from
the motionless beasts of rtl10. Even though I don't really have anything
against stationary arms, I feel they might a) prevent us from finding a fair
scoring system for both types of  bots and b) turn the gap crossing into
less of an exciting objective than it really is. A compromise might be a bot
that uses mobility only to cross the gap (i.e. no steering ability) and then
uses an arm to locate and pickup the flag (hence saving time on driving
around looking for the flag).

My 2 bits.

Ivan