 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4494
Re: rtl11 Concerns, finalized date and stuff soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 17:35:16 GMT

a) RCXes.  Currently we're at a single RCX rule.  Does anyone feel that this
contest might require two RCXes, especially since the flag can be anywhere
on the middle table?

I will enter with a single RCX.  This game is almost do-able with a single
scout.

c) Flag Top.  Currently a single full bushing.  Anyone against replacing
this with a pulley wheel for easier gripping/indexing?

A pulley wheel would be nice.  With this design, a bot don't even need to use a
sensor to find it.  It only need run around and use a pair of rotating fingers
to harvest it.

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
Whatever, if it's on the center table, put it in the center.  Can we then
start our robots anywhere on the starting tables?  if so, I could place my
'bot right across from the flag and press Go.

In that case it become a mechanical problem, which even a battery box is
sufficient to solve.