 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4489
4488  |  4490
Subject:
rtl11 Concerns, finalized date and stuff soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 05:46:37 GMT

Hi folks,

I need some commentary on a few issues, as I'm going to book the room in the
next few days for August 17th, 2002.

a) RCXes.  Currently we're at a single RCX rule.  Does anyone feel that this
contest might require two RCXes, especially since the flag can be anywhere
on the middle table?

b) Random Flag Placement.  Do we want to put the flag anywhere or just in
the center of the center table?  Since we've had a very bad track record of
finding objects and locations in rtl, Iain suggested today everyone might
just run over the flag instead of search, detect and manipulate the flag.

c) Flag Top.  Currently a single full bushing.  Anyone against replacing
this with a pulley wheel for easier gripping/indexing?

d) Robots not going across.  One person emailed and asked if it was okay to
stay on your home island and grab the flag remotely.  I'm of the opinion
this is just as hard as crossing the chasm (ooh, irritating business
buzzphrase!) so it should be allowed.

Calum