 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4492
Re: August 17th possible date for rtlToronto11?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 13:53:23 GMT

Hi folks,

Does anyone have a problem with August 17th, 2002 as the date for
rtlToronto11: A Brick Too Far?  If not, we're off to get that date at the
Library.

Hey Guys!

Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while. I have been busy at work, and
busy at home sorting LEGO :)

My Dad returned from California last month, where they went to lots of flea
markets, and when he returned home, he brought me POUNDS of lego...

Included in the Pounds were:
1200 peice tub,
2 950 peice tubs, (Gotta love the bricks),
6990 (Original space monorail, with working motor :) ),
most of the UFO sets, a lot of town sets,
2 smaller technic sets (one of which was the forklift which is now a
re-release)... (most sets are incomplete... but I can always get the parts
from bricklink

I spent the better part of 3 weeks trying to build all of the sets, And
listing the parts that I was missing.. I spent most of this weekend
intergrating the parts into my existing system, to no avail... I have to now
expand my storage system to handle the increase of miscelanous parts...
(which fill a 3033 tub and a half (and does not include bricks, plates,
slopes, canopys (spelling?), doors, windows, wings, and any technic beams...

My father called me last night, and told me that he was taking some stuff
out of the mobile home and found 3 more boxes of lego!

When will I get the time to build...

Wow how off topic was all of that!

The 17th sounds good...

Which reminds me, I noticed that the Live1 event has been pushed to June
(which is good, since there are no more weekends in May)

Any Idea when it will happen?

so I can build my bot.

Also Other then Ben, Calum, Jude and myself; who else is planning on going
to BrickFest..
We really should get together and discuss this at the next dinner (June 7th
or the 14th?) or offline perhaps because 1. we can do that right away, and
2, Jude can participate...
If your planning on going, mail me at jeff.vanwinden@emergis.com, Since I
check this mail account daily (hourly... ok all the time), and we can start
to orginize stuff. Or reply to this message and I will add you to the list.

Jeff VW

Speak now or forever hold your (Lego) piece :)

Calum