 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4518
4517  |  4519
Subject:
Brickfest and other issues...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 14:12:44 GMT

Hey Guys!

Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while. I have been busy at work, and
busy at home sorting LEGO :)

My Dad returned from California last month, where they went to lots of flea
markets, and when he returned home, he brought me POUNDS of lego...

Included in the Pounds were:
1200 peice tub,
2 950 peice tubs, (Gotta love the bricks),
6990 (Original space monorail, with working motor :) ),
most of the UFO sets, a lot of town sets,
2 smaller technic sets (one of which was the forklift which is now a
re-release)... (most sets are incomplete... but I can always get the parts
from bricklink

I spent the better part of 3 weeks trying to build all of the sets, And
listing the parts that I was missing.. I spent most of this weekend
intergrating the parts into my existing system, to no avail... I have to now
expand my storage system to handle the increase of miscelanous parts...
(which fill a 3033 tub and a half (and does not include bricks, plates,
slopes, canopys (spelling?), doors, windows, wings, and any technic beams...

My father called me last night, and told me that he was taking some stuff
out of the mobile home and found 3 more boxes of lego!

When will I get the time to build...

Nice haul....I doubt my mom would do that for me, go looking for Lego at
garage sales for me....I think they feel that I have too much Lego already...
:)

Also Other then Ben, Calum, Jude and myself; who else is planning on going
to BrickFest..
We really should get together and discuss this at the next dinner (June 7th
or the 14th?) or offline perhaps because 1. we can do that right away, and
2, Jude can participate...

Actually, currently only Calum and myself are registered and confirmed
participants, unless you chose to keep your name off the list (ie keep
yourself confidential as far as going).  I am listed in the "guest" list,
and he is listed in the "presenters" list.

I would very much like to hear what others have to say on the overall
travel plan.  If there are 6 or less going, we can squish into a room
together, if there are more than 6, then we'll probably have to get 2 rooms.
Also, we'll have to decide what stuff we are bringing, to make sure there
is enough "cargo" space.

Other notes to think about:

1) cost of registration (at least for now) is $35.
2) there may or may not be any registration at the door, so the last minute
stragglers might be out of luck

If your planning on going, mail me at jeff.vanwinden@emergis.com, Since I
check this mail account daily (hourly... ok all the time), and we can start
to orginize stuff. Or reply to this message and I will add you to the list.

Jeff VW