 Off-Topic / Geek / 58
Re: SETI@Home?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 30 May 1999 23:00:58 GMT

On Wed, 26 May 1999 23:59:47 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
wrote:

On thing I have noticed - on the same hardware, the Linux version
STOMPS the Windows version.  On my P2-450 it takes me about a day to
complete a unit under Windows.  On the same machine running Linux it
takes about 9 hours.

Yeah. My Celeron Mendocino 450 Win98 takes in the order of 26 hours or
so as well, but it definitely varies a lot with the particular unit
I'm running.

Jasper