 Off-Topic / Geek / 50
Re: SETI@Home?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 03:27:31 GMT

Carbon 60 <carbon60@bigfoot.com> wrote:
If I do it I'll either use MS Proxy for NT Server (practicaly since I
would be doing hands-on stuff that might help me with the Proxy class
should I choose to take it, and I probably will) or just setup ip
masquerading on a full-time Linux box, something I don't have right
now but need.  Both would be useful experience.

If I knew what you was talking about /-)

Well, it doesn't really matter until I get more than 5 machines at
home.  I have an ISDN router from work with 4 ports, connected to
another 4 port hub.  That gives me a current maximum of 6 machines
connected at one time without adding another hub.  Doesn't really
matter, though, because I only have 5 static IP's dedicated for my
use.  5 ought to do me for a while.  When I need more I'll have to
look into proxying other machines behind them.  But I can only use so
many computers. :)

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide