 Off-Topic / Geek / 52
Re: SETI@Home?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 23:59:47 GMT

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Anyone else managed to get around the server-bog problems?  I've basically
turned my SETI@Home off for a couple of weeks.  Once they release 1.1, I'll
try that out.

Nope, I just put up with it.  Since most of the computers I have
running it are not in front of me it doesn't bother me.

On thing I have noticed - on the same hardware, the Linux version
STOMPS the Windows version.  On my P2-450 it takes me about a day to
complete a unit under Windows.  On the same machine running Linux it
takes about 9 hours.

I hear my G3-266 at work is outperforming my P2-400 running Win98 as
well.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide