 Off-Topic / Geek / 4295 (-20)
  Re: Perl Help

(...) I find this documentation tree handy: (URL) (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Perl Help

Sorry for the off topic post but there are a lot of developers here that might be able to help me. I learn code best by looking at a file and looking up all the stuff I don't understand in a help file or documentation. I taught myself VB and Delphi (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Help with a printer

(...) Thanks! Also, thanks from my wife too! I'm not sure if she has it working yet, but she'll get there. -TJ (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Help with a printer

(...) Yup, do that. Also try the notepad trick I suggested. If that works, then I would lay odds that the problem is with MS Office; I've noticed that from time to time. Also, (and I should have suggested this right off), check all the cable (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Help with a printer

Thanks for your repsonse. (...) Sorry :-) (...) It's on a network. (...) She's tried several documents. I'm guessing they're of varying size. (...) I think so. She'll only get out part of page 1 and then it hangs. (...) Yes, we'll try that. thanks, (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Help with a printer

(...) Dang, now I'm sucked into this one, too. Is the printer directly connected to her computer or is it printing over the network (which exponentially increases finding the problem)? Since the printer seems to be physically working (plugged in, (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Help with a printer

Hi James! Thanks for your response. (...) Yes. The message goes like this: "Error found while printing document to (printer name). Do you want to retry or cancel?" That was from an attempt to print from M$ Word. (...) Yes. The test page comes out (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Help with a printer

(...) Things to check: Are there any error conditions on the printer or the workstation? Can she print a printer test page? The method for doing this varies with which specific printer it is. I could tell you more specifics if I knew which model. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Help with a printer

My wife is having a bit of a crisis at work. She's on a small network and their printer isn't working properly. She's the only one in the office right now. She's tried unloading and reloading the printer software, as well as rebooting the computer (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Cleaning Dell Laptop Keyboards

(...) Well, I haven't been overly impressed with my Inspiron 5000 in general, although I only slightly use it anymore. Mainly I use my Titanium Powerbook at home and my Dual PowerMac G4 at work. I made the switch to Apple last year and aside from (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Cleaning Dell Laptop Keyboards

(...) Thanks for the tip, I'll try that out. I dunno what your experience has been - but allthough this is a nice computer performance wise, I'm not very happy with the case. It seems a bit fragile for my liking. I've been careful with it and (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Cleaning Dell Laptop Keyboards

(...) Turns out I saw my officemate on iChat just now. I'll summarize his various statements. Yes - it IS possible to get the keys off, but the "clamps" that hold them on are EXTREMELY delicate. He recommends you remove the assembly and blow some (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Cleaning Dell Laptop Keyboards

(...) Gotcha. I originally thought this was not possible (cause I've tried periodically, gently). I started searching the web today for "cleaning laptop keyboards," and found some tips on it. They included removing keys. But, I realize different (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Cleaning Dell Laptop Keyboards

(...) Doh - sorry. You know, I seriously doubt you can safely remove the keys - or at least I doubt Dell intends for you to be able to do so. Most laptop keyboards I've worked with have been relatively solid pieces. I'd be afraid to try to pry any (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Cleaning Dell Laptop Keyboards

(...) Thanks for the link. That shows how to remove the entire keyboard assembly though, but not how to remove individual keys. Can I remove the individual keys and keep the assembly in the laptop? Thanks! -Tim (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Cleaning Dell Laptop Keyboards

(...) If you haven't created a login at support.dell.com you will need to in order to use this link, but this takes you to a section specifically on removing parts from the 8100 and has instructions for removing the keyboard assembly. (URL) (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Cleaning Dell Laptop Keyboards

Does anyone out there have a Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop? I do, and I'm wondering how the best way to remove the keys to clean the keyboard is. I'm not experiencing any problems with the keyboard, but I've had it for about a year and a half now and (...) (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Free PHP and MySQL hosting

(...) I couldn't say. Try searching on Google. Sites that just do free hosting are awkward enough with the ads. I couldn't name one that has PHP off the top of my head. (...) Try just typing its IP address into another browser. If you own a domain (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Technotonta desperately seeks help from tech savvy geeks...

(...) Thank you Richard, I don't know why I didn't just email you directly to begin with instead of broadcasting here how clueless about computers I am (I mean *you* already knew that!). :-) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Technotonta desperately seeks help from tech savvy geeks...

(...) Is it the case that you used the "system restore" utility in WinXP? That should probably have worked. I'm not sure what Netscape may have done to your system but I think one possibility is a java runtime thing. That might answer the question (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact