 Off-Topic / Geek / 4289
Re: Help with a printer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 18:27:32 GMT

Hi James! Thanks for your response.

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, James Brown writes:
Things to check:
Are there any error conditions on the printer or the workstation?

Yes. The message goes like this:

"Error found while printing document to (printer name). Do you want to retry
or cancel?"

That was from an attempt to print from M$ Word.

Can she print a printer test page?  The method for doing this varies with
which specific printer it is.  I could tell you more specifics if I knew
which model.
Can she print a test page? (bring up the printer properties dialogue box and
hit the [Print Test Page])

Yes. The test page comes out fine.

Can she print a text file (using notepad, for example, cut and paste a word
file she is having trouple with into notepad and try printing)?

I'm not sure. It's all bunged up at the moment so she can't try.

BTW, the printer is a HP Officejet D155xi

Thanks,
TJ