 Off-Topic / Geek / 4291
Re: Help with a printer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 19:01:35 GMT

Thanks for your repsonse.

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
Dang, now I'm sucked into this one, too.

Sorry :-)

Is the printer directly connected
to her computer or is it printing over the network (which exponentially
increases finding the problem)?

It's on a network.

Since the printer seems to be physically
working (plugged in, ink/toner is present, the printer is getting at least
part of the document) it would seem to be more in the document itself or
some barrier over the network, or perhaps a memory issue.  How large is the
document?

She's tried several documents. I'm guessing they're of varying size.

Try only printing the pages she is missing, and even try printing
just the pages after the one it stops on (and for that matter, does it stop
at a consistent point?).

I think so. She'll only get out part of page 1 and then it hangs.

Another thing to try is sneaker net (copy the file
to a disk, and try printing it from another computer - assuming there is
another computer she has access to physically and via password).

Yes, we'll try that.

thanks,
TJ