 Off-Topic / Geek / 4281
Re: Cleaning Dell Laptop Keyboards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2003 23:25:35 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Mike Stanley writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Tim Courtney writes:
If anyone has any tips on removing the keys from the Inspiron (if indeed
they are removeable), I'd love to hear em.

If you haven't created a login at support.dell.com you will need to in order
to use this link, but this takes you to a section specifically on removing
parts from the 8100 and has instructions for removing the keyboard assembly.

http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/ins8100/remove.htm?PRN=PG

Hi Mike -
Thanks for the link. That shows how to remove the entire keyboard assembly
though, but not how to remove individual keys. Can I remove the individual
keys and keep the assembly in the laptop?

Thanks!

-Tim