 Off-Topic / Geek / 4279
4278  |  4280
Subject:
Cleaning Dell Laptop Keyboards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2003 20:57:57 GMT

Does anyone out there have a Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop? I do, and I'm
wondering how the best way to remove the keys to clean the keyboard is. I'm
not experiencing any problems with the keyboard, but I've had it for about a
year and a half now and I'd like to do a little preventative maintenance.

I tried removing the CTRL key in the bottom left, and it doesn't want to
seem to come off. I look at the contacts/spring mechanism through the cracks
and it looks rather fragile, I don't want to be too forceful on it and break
it. I use that CTRL key for everything, and hardly use the right hand one.

If anyone has any tips on removing the keys from the Inspiron (if indeed
they are removeable), I'd love to hear em.

-Tim