 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 741 – 760 of 1284.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Dubya's propaganda machine at work again

(...) Probably, but it's good for a punchline. Much has already (and not unreasonably) been made of the rhetorical similarity between Dubya's "with-us-or-against-us" drum-beating and the propaganda of 1930's German fascism. If Dubya ever mentions a (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: And so it continues....

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote: <snip> (...) We sort of legalized same sex marriages, we sort of legalized pot smoking, we sort of... well, we're Canadians, we 'sort of' start many good ideas and just kinda leave 'em hanging... But (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: K, in even simpler terms, for those of us who hate seeing death and killings and such...

(...) If true, I would view that as a rather apathetic outlook. ;) (...) Indeed, the need to conform is strong. ;) (...) I prefer to let the UN vote on it. After all, your servicemen are old enough to decide what is right or wrong. (...) People who (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Not likely to be a popular citation but...

(URL) has been derided here in the past as has Mr. Hanson. But read it anyway and think about it. This paragraph, in particular, is likely not to be popular with the apologists: "In short, our enemies are ideological fanatics who benefit from (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: I don't think the Southern Baptist *Anyone* can say *anything* about *anyone else*

(...) Hi, all-- This is yet another example of why one's faith should color one's decisions. I make a living working for a Bible School. I would be considered "Evangelical" and/or "Conservative" by a good many people. I attend church when I'm not on (...) (18 years ago, 9-Mar-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Useful idiocy [Re: Bush toppled]

(...) It does when one is a blind supporter of Bush Jr! :) John castigates those who question Bush Jr, but remains silent when the FBI start harassing peace protestors(1) or when Bush Jr pays for people to be boiled alive(2). Who is the real "useful (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Polyamory

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G5pyGI.Dss@lugnet.com... (...) my (...) usage. Well, there was that time you were curious about my doctortate. (...) fiat (...) Not my point Larry. However, you are still wrong. Much (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: More Election Bad News?

(...) Given the sheer numbers represented by organized religion in this country, and how strongly many members feel about certain issues, you can shout it until you're blue in the face, but the only way it'll have any affect is to pass an ammendment (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: A Berkeley Study That Portrays Liberalism Positively?!!

(...) lol For the record, I signed up again with yet another email addy, and was summarily nuked; they must checking IPs. I have officially given up life in the underground. Pity. (...) Agreed. (...) I wasn't a whiney child (so I'm told), and I did (...) (19 years ago, 22-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: The War That Never Ends

(...) There is zero proof Iraq was harboring anyone plotting moves against the U.S. AQ, in particular, is supra-national. Cells may exist in as many as 60 countries including the U.S. Are we going to go after them all, John? (...) Freedom from being (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Lets keep politics out of Lego

(...) OK, so corruption accumulates over time. This leads to a question: is better to cycle through politicians frequently, and spread low levels of corruption amongst a large number of people, or have just a few long-term politicians, and (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Whatever

Larry: I think that you are seeing your own role in this in too positive a light, I even perceive that you are trying to dress up your contest with Scott as somehow heroic on behalf of the greater community on your part. It just ain't so -- at least (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Peruvian Indians [Re: Is the Palestinian Cause Dead? The Latest Terror Attacks]

(...) I am not understanding your comments here, John. Here is a guy who despite what must be tremendous personal loss and grief is STILL seeking peace. Rather than look for fault on the other side, he is introspecting and finding flaws with the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: It's All About Control (was: Re: Possession)

(...) Good. Start a studio, then, and use that funding model. I think you're a sure fire bet to draw lots of big name stars, and more importantly, the smaller named crafts people who do most of the work, because they'll get a better shake. (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Rückkehr der Raumnazin

(...) It's not as clear-cut as that. I agree that humour can and should push the boundaries of taste and I'm deeply concerned when people imply that humour can be derived from certain subjects only by certain groups. We laugh often because we are (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: 6030 MISB lost in Slovakia

(...) A couple of days ago, on some other website, I read a message from a Slovakian AFOL complaining about not getting an uninsured MISB 6030... yes, it was him. In my opinion, it is definitely not honest to make public his full name, member name (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jun-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) No, I'm supposing that kids don't give a rat's ass about race. Kids play. It's we, the adults, who teach kids about race, or rather, skin color (given that we still are only one race, something we should perhaps also teach our kids...). (...) (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Lego Holocaust art (Was: can someone help me identify these parts?)

(...) You're right -- it is a huge can of worms. I'm glad I mentioned the Holocaust, if it helped you vent. I hope I didn't mention the Jews specifically -- though, being 1/8 Jewish, I can't help but be a little biased. Sorry. The sad truth is, is (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Government's role [Was: Re: What happened?]

(...) Like David Koresh? (...) I think that Mob Rule is where we are now...oh yeah, that is a representative democracy. (...) Fetal testing or murder? Both, I guess. (...) I do not support those things either. But here's how I view the words (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Cuba

Larry let me say that I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself, and believing in your own ideologies. To all the rest, why do you really care about Larry's opinions? Honestly, he's not going to change his mind, so why haven't all of you given (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

More:  Next Page >>