 Off-Topic / Debate / 22737
22736  |  22738
Subject:
Not likely to be a popular citation but...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 18:54:42 GMT

http://www.nationalreview.com/hanson/hanson200311070835.asp

NRO has been derided here in the past as has Mr. Hanson. But read it anyway and
think about it.

This paragraph, in particular, is likely not to be popular with the apologists:

"In short, our enemies are ideological fanatics who benefit from sanctuary in
Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Iran, the West Bank, Lebanon, and Yemen,
money from Saudi Arabia and pan-Arabic charities, and indirect political
tolerance and at times covert support from members of the Saudi Royal family,
the government of Basher Assad, Saddam Hussein, the Taliban, elements of the
Pakistani government, and Yasser Arafat. "

My take...

He's right, they are our enemies, but I'd rather not fight these enemies on
their turf, I'd rather we keep to ourselves and let them destroy their own
countries without our assistance.