 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 141 – 160 of about 1300.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Does God Have A Name For God?

(...) The idea of other flocks is a major component of Mormonism. The Mormons hold that the Book of Mormon describes events surrounding another flock before and after a visit from Jesus (after he was crusified). I am not completely certain but I (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jan-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: War

(...) So what is your plan then? Ask nicely? What if asking causes Pakistan to topple and the Taliban to launch a war? (...) So you are so sure that you know what to fix that you see debate as "needless"? My, I wish I was that certain. I see debate (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Vote against/for...

(...) I was measuring it militarily. How would *you* measure it? By height? (...) Well, you guessed wrong. The US doesn't happen to rule the world; she just makes sure that nobody else attempts to do so. (...) Look, I am not saying the US is (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  OMGoodness--an American tells it like it is (outside ot-d)

(URL) especially like the 10 reasons to switch--here's just one: " Number 4: America prides itself in being the "leader of the Western World, leader of the free nations." The cornerstone of this being Democracy, something the Vikings of Iceland (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea

(...) existance, than one must acknowledge the probability that the "Christian God" will be facing extinction in the near future. The nations that are Muslim, Hindu, and Buddhist (not in the article above presumably because it is more a philosophy (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  The Smell of Napalm in the Morning (was Re: Horrifying stories from Iraq)

(...) ---...--- "Powell deals Syria new warning" (URL) Powell said,] "We have designated Syria for years as a state that sponsors terrorism, and we have discussed this with the Syrians on many occasions." ---...--- 'Smoking gun' may not affect (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Genocide and terrorism (Was: SW <-> Russia conspiracy)

(...) I think it is your responsibility to preserve peace in your own country FIRST! And ofcourse in other countries, but that goes for all nations on this lumb of dirt, floating in space (carried on the back of four elephants, who are standing on a (...) (25 years ago, 19-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: 2000 scans

(...) If you think about the vast number of television programmes that spew forth from America and pollute the rest of the world.. then it isn't that suprising that people have this opinion. Almost every other idiot on television is an American, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

Richard Franks wrote in message ... (...) of (...) at (...) the (...) rely on (...) Hey man, You don't need to show me that, I have already looked. I try to point out reality to others whenever possible (often to their disdain), and I have shown (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) Greg: That is the type of comment that frequently--and not always incorrectly--elicits charges of bigotry or at least misguided nationalism. Obviously, I have no idea of the true nature of your real-world feelings, but the tenor of your (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Hiroshima-Was It Necessary?

Atomic bombs on cities Hijacked planes into towers In my opinion both are equally terrifying. I will stand by my analysis of the word *terror* and apply it to both acts. We praise the pilots as patriots who flew over Japan. We denigrate the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

(...) using (...) that (...) Still can't say I've ever heard the term albedo applied to skin tone. Probably because albedo derives from the latin albus meaning white (defining skin in terms of whiteness is something of a lost cause immediately). (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Sanctions (was: Libertarian Propaganda)

(...) Can you provide cites on this? (...) How successful are you at this Daniel? I try to as much as I can. I'm curious about your attempts. Reply offline if you would like. (...) I seriously thought about this when I learned LEGO was shutting down (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Comparative freedom

(...) 'Merican. Pronounce the "r" so far in the back of your throat that you have to swallow it. :-) Okay, so, America is difficult to swallow. You knew that. ;-) (...) I'd chalk that up on the silly side, and we have elections every year in any (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: For Sean...

(...) Real baseball players stand out in the field. Reggie Jackson would turn trying to catch even the simpliest routine fly ball into an adventure. (...) Give the batters a mound - we have a mound gap! (...) First incarnation was terrible, the (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: When is a website "independent" and when is it "part of"?

I did not really intend this to be a Palestinian V Israeli debate, that always ends in looking levels of wrongness. However, if the current leader in Iraq or the former leader of serbia were to use the same methods - how would that be treated (...) (24 years ago, 22-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Tax day, give me a break

(...) Although income tax is comparable with your own [when NI is included], in the UK we are taxed at 40% of GDP. But the difference is cultural too; we don't mind paying tax if we get good public services in return... we want education and health (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Genocide and terrorism (Was: SW <-> Russia conspiracy)

(...) Bravo. If you're going to fight, fight to win. The Clinton administration has demonstrated that it does not understand the Powell doctrine and is misusing the military might of the US here, as it did in so many other places around the world (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) I've been against e-voting from very first moment I heard about it, because the closer it gets to being done over the internet, the closer it gets to the point where either a hacker can directly tweak the results, or a timed virus can prevent (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Heads up, atheists

(...) <<chuckle>> I have been away for a while. So I kinda walked into this one on the strength of the subject. Silly me. Can't imagine why atheists would care whether there was some bloke called Jesus padding about 2,000 years ago. Must remember to (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

More:  Next Page >>