 Off-Topic / Debate / 20680
Re: For Sean...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:29:42 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kyle McDonald writes:
Actually aren't there a ton of topics to debate in sports?

How about:

The pros and cons of the designated hitter?

Real baseball players stand out in the field.  Reggie Jackson would turn
trying to catch even the simpliest routine fly ball into an adventure.

Whether or not lowering the pitchers mound has given batters an
advantage?

Give the batters a mound - we have a mound gap!

The pros/cons of Instant replay in the NFL?

First incarnation was terrible, the second is better.

The Tuck rule?

Ahhhhh, complete blank there.  So let me insert: the Red Wings got swept by
a team named after a kid's movie?  Anaheim could be host to two world's champs?

Is NASCAR really a sport?

Go fast, turn left, spit your chaw o' tobacco on the other guy's windshield.
Though my wife swears she likes NASCAR better than the parade that Formula 1
was (it's much better this year).  American Le Mans and touring cars are a
bit more my style, though I've been going to the Long Beach Grand Prix
(CART) since the initial Formula 3000 race.

I'd say racing is a sport (well, okay, I'll grant you NASCAR may not be) but
I'm not convinced the drivers are atheletes.

etc. etc...

My bird just said on cue: "GooooooOOOOOOO LAKers!"

-->Bruce<--