 Off-Topic / Debate / 20687
Re: For Sean...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 04:53:23 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Sean Devolites writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Pedro Silva writes:

Indeed they were; ManUtd vs. Real Madrid was one of the most disputed
matches I've seen in recent years - it's as good as it gets, in terms of
world soccer.
I heard that one on sportscenter.  Short clip, but ManUtd won right?

Yes, they did win the match; but they lost the round (the first leg result
was 3-1 for Real Madrid)

They're gonna be played at 15:00 EST - I can't possibly tell if ESPN is
covering them, but OTOH I get to see *both* in open channel ;-)
Nice.  Lemme see, 3 o clock, nope, im at school still, from those
freakin extended hours.  I'm in middle school and am stuck there
from 7 to 250!

For future reference: Video! :-P
(advantage: you can forward the boring parts of the match...)

Glad to see you're familiarized with soccer, Sean!
Yea, im good with all sports.

Except swimming.  Never did like swimming...

Baseball's not that great either.  One more strike and i swear, I mean,
how much money do you need to hit a baseball?  Not 2 million ill say that.

They're being so underpaid compared to great soccer stars... :-D

Pedro
(Hopefully very very happy at 22:00 Lisbon time tonight - Go Porto! :-)

Hasta la Vista, Sean

Today's results:

Boavista 0, CELTIC 1 (agg. 1-2)
Lazio 0, FC PORTO 0 (agg. 1-4)

Final is to be played in Seville on Sunday, May 4th.

I just came home from te airport, where I've been waiting for the FC Porto
team to arrive from Rome - under pouring rain, around 5000 people held on
for 4 hours just to greet their idols with endless chantings and cheers. And
it was fun, despite the fact I recognize this behaviour has absolutely no
rational grounds...

Oh heck - I'm happy, and that's what matters. For a day I'll indulge myself
to become an epicurist... as long as I don't make a habit out of it, it
can't be that bad, NE? ;-)

Pedro