 Off-Topic / Debate / 20662
20661  |  20663
Subject:
Sports scores redux( Re: For Sean...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:13:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Pedro Silva writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Sean Devolites writes:

<snip>

When did this become off-topic.sports? :-)

Maybe these footie scores (or whatever they are) belong in off-topic.fun, if
anywhere?

Call me grumpy (the tiggers are 1 and 18 or something ridiculous, and the
Wings got eliminated in 4 straight, so I don't even mildly care about my
home teams at the moment), but if there's anything to debate here it's the
notion that sports beyond ones you participate in yourself are anything to
actually care about.

Me, I'll go to a game and have fun but I just don't care about it much and
I'd even venture that people who DO care are somehow fundamentally different
than me.

I care about my kids and the real problems of the world.

Oh, and toys like LEGO and games and SF and anime and stuff... you know,
important stuff.