 Off-Topic / Debate / 20672
Re: Sports scores redux( Re: For Sean...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:06:14 GMT

When did this become off-topic.sports? :-)
Back when it changed from off-topic.debate.

Maybe these footie scores (or whatever they are) belong in off-topic.fun, if
anywhere?
Possibly...

But they could be debates...

Call me grumpy (the tiggers are 1 and 18 or something ridiculous, and the
Wings got eliminated in 4 straight, so I don't even mildly care about my
home teams at the moment), but if there's anything to debate here it's the
notion that sports beyond ones you participate in yourself are anything to
actually care about.
HA!  THE DUCKS SWEPT THE RED WINGS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

oops, sorry, that slipped out there ; )

Me, I'll go to a game and have fun but I just don't care about it much and
I'd even venture that people who DO care are somehow fundamentally different
than me.
Well, im fundamentally different then.  Probably has something to do
with bein' 14 and having a mind that thinks politics are boring as
heck and sports are the best thing mankind has made...

I care about my kids and the real problems of the world.

Oh, and toys like LEGO and games and SF and anime and stuff... you know,
important stuff.
Oh, that includes (to me at least) family, religon, lego, sports, school,
and plenty of other things I should better leave off ; )

Hasta la Vista, Sean