 Off-Topic / Debate / 18710
18709  |  18711
Subject:
OMGoodness--an American tells it like it is (outside ot-d)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 07:56:16 GMT

http://bantha.cjb.net/john/index.php
:
I especially like the 10 reasons to switch--here's just one:

"
Number 4:

America prides itself in being the "leader of the Western World, leader of
the free nations." The cornerstone of this being Democracy, something the
Vikings of Iceland created in the world's first parliament in 930 A.D.
Truly, the Constitution was a wonderful leap forward for human development,
individual rights and this advanced form of goverment.

Despite this, the United States has been ranked 10th by World Audit in a
list of democracies. Sure, Canada is #9 - but lookie why we're one above the
States: corruption.
"

Put that in yer book! ;)
(see, add the smiley and everything's all right :) )

Oh, btw, Happy New Year!  May it be a good one for discussion, debate, and
general civility for ot-d.

Dave K