 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: bruce half irish
 Results 21 – 40 of about 1900.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles

(...) Works fine - actually, I had no idea what model it was until I just looked. I presumed it was some thing my grandfather got in the 60's - which he may have, but by it's serial number it is actually 100 years old (1904). Dang. Snickersnee? (...) (21 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

bruce, half
(score: 0.917)

  Re: To change the tune...

(...) As I said, splitting hairs. The indication was that Saddam had WoMD and was going to either use them himself or hand them out like candy to Islamic extremists (who would only to be happy to use them on Saddam, given half a chance). (...) He (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

bruce, half
(score: 0.908)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) This is a perfectly valid observation. Certainly there are those that feel the 9th Circuit Court's ruling will be struck down along those lines - the "liberal" Los Angeles Times entitled it's editorial on the subject "A Godforsaken Ruling" and (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce, irish
(score: 0.881)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) I think the belief in the 'sacredness of human life' applies to more than conservatives' I've been told that I'm a Canadian Liberal, but I 'believe' in the sacredness of life. Whether the other points are 'just conservative', i.e. smaller (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

bruce, half
(score: 0.849)

  Re: Hotel Palestine

(...) Yes, it is from a military point of view, but it's a military situation. You can only manage things on a political level down so far, and then it becomes counter-productive. Planes are easier, because there are fewer and thus easier to manage (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce, half
(score: 0.822)

  Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions

(...) The Security Council is designed so the really powerful can stop any actions against its interests, including the United States (which has used it's veto power liberally). But the UN suffers from a lack of conviction in general. If it imposes (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce, half
(score: 0.815)

  Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Koudys writes: (warning: the constant use of smileys would get tedious) :-) (...) If them furriners stop a-comin' here, then we woodn't be so crowded-like. (...) You say that as if it were a bad thing. (...) Oily to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce, half
(score: 0.815)

  Re: The beginning of the end of NATO?

(...) Fomenting a war between Turkay and Iraq and then demanding that everyone aid in the war that they opposed being started in the first place will not be a feather in Bush's cap. All he will do is drive a wedge between us and the rest of NATO, (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce, half
(score: 0.805)

  Re: Ticket prices going up

(...) I got a parking ticket notice from the city of San Francisco a number of years back. I was a bit puzzled since I hadn't been there in a year, but how do I prove it? It was as easy as checking the date: a half dozen of us were in SoCal (or (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce, half
(score: 0.799)

  2nd Amednment meets the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

Or: Don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger! The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals has upheld California's right to ban certain types of firearms and place restrictions on them. But the ruling's foundation has extremely broad implications. Basically, they (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce, half
(score: 0.786)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) The British brought in Scots Pres(oh geez, I can't remember how to spell this)byterians at a much later date. The Catholic/Protestant thing is not really independent of British occupation (topmost quote above). One could typify it as centuries (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce, irish
(score: 0.783)

  Re: world mandate (Re: Why start with Iraq? - (Re: Iraq, Dictators, and Peace))

(...) So you *would* bother to attack somebody? I wouldn't, so yes, we are in disagreement. So much for your holier than thou stance. (and by "bother" it was pretty darn clear I was refering to attacking Iraq, so let me anticipate your mindless (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce, half
(score: 0.766)

  Re: world mandate (Re: Why start with Iraq? - (Re: Iraq, Dictators, and Peace))

(...) I suppose it is obvious to everyone except Scott, but I'm not defending U.S. actions to any particular degree, I'm just objecting to Scott's axe-grinding and one-sided presentations. And I'm a liberal! I hate Bush. I don't like Israel's (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce, half
(score: 0.766)

  Re: Why start with Iraq? - (Re: Iraq, Dictators, and Peace)

(...) Inasmuch as your pro-justice axe only seems to be aimed at the U.S., I beg to differ. (...) How's this for a fact: you haven't addressed "They present only so much of the story as is convenient for their cause." Claiming that you stick to (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce, half
(score: 0.765)

  Re: Handgun Death Rate

(...) This is certainly a valid point, and close to home since a co-worker in the next building over from mine had his son involved in this very incident (thankfully unharmed). But it was the presense of armed guards, not Joe Blow with a concealed (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce, irish
(score: 0.765)

  Re: Libertarian Suntan

(...) Limit that to Ukrainian. I can get a tan. Irish/German/Dutch. Of course, this is all relative, since my wife and son can sit out in the sun all day and never burn. Bruce (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce, irish
(score: 0.754)

  Re: slight

(...) The book is speaking about what part of your brain you use to execute art, not your relative liberal or conservative thinking. Read the book and you'll understand. (...) What is this "it" are you talking about? An emotional appeal? Yes, it (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce, half
(score: 0.745)

  Re: Evolution vs Scientific Creationism

(...) Of course a fish is still a fish. I mean, what else would it be? If you are trying to state (but not quite saying it) that a fish can never evolve into another species, that's easy to answer: yes it can. I think you are really trying to say it (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce, half
(score: 0.744)

  Re: Fan Thank You Letter

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Brown writes: . Don't you know better than to believe everything you read in e-mail? (...) I was scanning through and thinking at best half the story was being left out. The thief in the garage story stopped me (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce, half
(score: 0.738)

  Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GJLyB5.1oE@lugnet.com... (...) 1. Assassination squads. Are small hit teams more likely to get though to the precise target? Don't admit you do it either, so you can't create a (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half, irish
(score: 0.733)

More:  Next Page >>