 Off-Topic / Debate / 16647
Re: Fan Thank You Letter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:18:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Brown writes:

.  Don't you know better than to believe everything you read in e-mail?

http://www.snopes2.com/legal/lawsuits.htm

All of those "cites" are false.

James

I was scanning through and thinking at best half the story was being left
out.  The thief in the garage story stopped me entirely - garage door
openers have manual releases so that kind of thing won't happen.  I was
about to start writing that this one smelled of Urban Legend when I decided
to look at the replies first.  :-)

I did want to note that in legitimate cases where there is an outrageous
award that is completely out of line with the incident (such as the scalding
coffee incident) the award is invariably reduced, and reduced radically, by
a judge.

Bruce