 Off-Topic / Debate / 16644
Re: Fan Thank You Letter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:09:37 GMT

Just so people know where I am on this one, Stella did have a legitimate
case in my view. As others have stated, McD had been repeatedly warned that
they were serving coffee that was WAY WAY too hot, and did it for their
convenience. • **snip**
It's not supposed to be so hot that it weakens or melts the styrofoam. it's
not supposed to be so hot that you can get burned by the vapors. McD coffee
WAS too hot and they did have negligence.

  Just for my info, can you clarify whether Stella was holding the cup
between her thighs (driving a car, perhaps) at the time of the spill?  It
had been my impression that this was the case, and if so, then tough for
Stella; McDonald's makes no claims about it's cups' thigh-proofness.  If she
was simply holding it and the cup ruptured, then that's a different matter.

Suffice it to say, the Beast bit me. I had my hands way out and coming into
the covered helix, I hit my finger hard (we were probably going 20-30 MPH at
the time although it feels faster) on the edge of the shed wall. So hard
that it made my whole arm go numb and started immediately raising a blood
blister under the nail.

  Ouch!  I hate that story!  It makes my finger hurt just reading it...

Dave!!
Hey! You think you rate an extra bang than Dave! No way! There is only one
Dave!

  'Nuff said.

     Dave!