 Off-Topic / Debate / 16645
Re: Fan Thank You Letter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:04:35 GMT

David Koudys wrote in message ...
Taken from an e-mail sent to me a few months back:
Subject: FW: Stella Awards

In 1994, a New Mexico jury awarded $ 2.9 million U.S. in damages
to 81-year-old Stella Liebeck who suffered third-degree burns to her
legs, groin and buttocks after spilling a cup of McDonald's coffee on
herself.

For more about this non-frivolous case, see here:
http://centerjd.org/free/mythbusters-free/MB_mcdonalds.htm

(synopsis: The woman in question (was seriously scalded, MacDonalds sold its
coffee at a higher than normal temp, which has caused multiple serious
scalds over the years, and they knew it was dangerous and wouldn't change
their ways...)

<Snipped remaining list>

For commentary on the rest of these (undocumentable) cases, see:
http://www.snopes2.com/legal/lawsuits.htm

Urban myths rule!

Kevin
NEW tan facade kit, 427 pieces! http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-tfac.htm