 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 3901 – 3920 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) Yes. The Declaration of Independence is very much not the Constitution. In fact, interesting to consider that this language, so obvious in the declaration, is so conspicuously not in the constitution. (...) Yes. Foundationalism is nice, when (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.313)

  Re: FOUND: Weapons of Mass Destruction

(...) Rubbish. Its all in the spin. Read the article. The dude had been 'discovered' before, there had been a half hearted enquiry that had been dropped for reasons unspecified. Of course the authorities were not 'allowing' them to live in the US. (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.313)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) From a rights basis (the utilitarian basis is clear) does it follow that the inventor has the right to prevent other people from coming up with the exact same idea on their own? (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.313)

  Re: Sheikh Yassin

"Pedro Silva" <el_gordo@netc.pt> wrote in message news:Hv2BF5.vt0@lugnet.com... (...) entity? (...) or (...) but if (...) to act (...) organization that (...) are yes, (...) entity, (...) used (...) metaphor. (...) 19th (...) is no (...) be (...) (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.313)

  Re: The Parable ot the Tortured Debtor

(...) Sure. We would see it as accomplishing several things. In addition to acting as one-time, complete forgiveness (in contrast to repeated, limited sacrifices), more significantly by Christ standing in our place on the cross, we are then able to (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.313)

  Re: Sheikh Yassin

(...) I don't think terrorism is hard to define-- it's just that people use the term incorrectly or indiscriminately and therefore its definition is muddied. Terrorism is the targeted killing of innocent civilians by a person or group in order to (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.313)

  Re: Sheikh Yassin

(...) K, so I care a little bit... Holy idiocy on your part, John! What's that all about? How can you be this obtuse? It doesn't matter what he did before *now* that he died, by the way in a violent fashion, by the hands of the Israelis. Violence (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.313)

  Re: March Madness?

(...) Heck with that--I'm going to initiate legislation to adopt that cool, gold "Atheist Atom" logo as the new National Symbol. Actually, I have to admit that it doesn't look good for the side of reason. From what I heard of yesterday's (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.313)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) Your point being? (...) You get your R&D costs covered before you start inventing, or you don't. Simple. (...) They come from each individual mind. Any system where people can _independently_ think of the same things, and only one of them to (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.312)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) No, in other words, you're not moving this discussion forward because you're not doing what you committed to do, accept my premise and try to refute this particular point using it. We have a fundamental disagreement about rights. I happen to (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.312)

  Re: Sheikh Yassin

(...) This is just American popular historical fantasy of the sort the Japanese would be proud of. There was nothing indiscriminate about the targetting of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and the intent was not taking out factories and infrastructure. (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.312)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) They don't get incented. (...) Noone. Except possibly, oh, I don't know, how about those people who could actually benefit from the invention? You know, just like roads should be financed by the users. And please don't come shouting about how (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.312)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) I'm not saying anything about justifying anything. "Ends justify the means" implies some sort of need for justificiation, and as I said, I'm assuming neither a totally evil government nor totally evil capitalists. (...) Not true. They may not (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.312)

  Re: Marriage (was: Re: Yet another push for thoughtful legislation from Tennessee)

(...) First, I am not saying that 2 men or 2 women can't raise a family. What I am asking is: All things being equal, is it better that a child has a mother? All things being equal, is it better that a child has a father? Each sex is unique, each (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.312)

  Re: Sheikh Yassin

(...) More BS moral equivalence. (...) Specious. To my knowledge, none of your examples had ever categorically sworn as the foundation of their existence the complete destruction of a particular enemy. Let's cut to the chase, and let me ask you (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.312)

  Re: Sheikh Yassin

(...) An organisation which Israel helped establish as an Islamic alternative to secular groups such as the PLO. (...) Correct me if I'm wrong, but I expect the IDF has killed more babies than Hamas? (...) Q What happens to Israelis who refuse to (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.312)

  Re: Sheikh Yassin

(...) I'll try to answer the best I can, please let me know if anything does not satisfy you entirely; these are purely my *current* answers. (...) I am of the opinion one can not fight a war against a non-territorial entity, but I will admit this (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.312)

  Re: Sheikh Yassin

(...) Yeah, the dopes-- killing an old man, and one in a wheelchair to boot! 'Course, that old man did found and lead Hamas, a terrorist organization dedicated to the destruction of the State of Israel through the targeted killing of, among others, (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.312)

  Re: Sheikh Yassin

(...) This is laughable, the Palestinian people, who have been known to strap bombs to their bodies and blow themselves up, along with innocent men, women, and children, are going to have more anger. Please tell me how a group of people willing to (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.312)

  Re: Richard Clarke

(...) More reason to clean house when a new administration comes in. Got any personal agendas, Mr. Clarke-- such as a book to sell? Why not tell us all you and the Clinton adminstration did after the attack on the (URL) USS Cole>? One could easily (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.312)

More:  Next Page >>