 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 3461 – 3480 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) The Philippines were leaving anyway; the kidnapping just hastened things a little. They may well have been part of Bush’s Coalition of the Coerced; but I expect their ~50 troops where nothing but a token. (...) I agree, but I expect the amount (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) These questions should have already been asked, and were asked, by those that compared this to the similarities to the Vietnam war--but those were brushed aside as 'unpatriotic'. The difference here is that, whereas the US evacuation in '75 (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) I liked Dave K's response here, so this is just embellishment. As long as we bill ourselves as the world's policeman it is. As soon as cops can't enforce, they lose their power. That's where we are now. But that's the wrong reason. We should (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) "Seems"? Is that like saying that water "seems" wet? (...) This is exactly the reason why many powerful nations have laws specifically prohibiting themselves from negotiating with terrorists. It gives the politicians a legal and quasi-moral (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Not the right way to exit?

Most of you know I am no fan of our present little war. However: (URL) that seems the wrong way to exit. Those who point out that this action shows that threatening hostages to try to influence countries is now more likely rather than less have a (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) Well, Dave, I don't think it's all that hypothetical anymore. What is particularly interesting to me is the fact that plans are being discussed for postponement, but they're allegedly only a "worst case scenario." I guess we'll see... Dave! (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.324)

  ITV Bias-O-Meter

(URL) got me thinking. (URL) TV> is a slow (non?) starter. Wouldn't it be fun if all the news channels had interactive Bias-O-Meters where the viewers got to rate the shows on the fly to see where they fit in on the lefty to righty scale? That's (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) I disagree. David K is eminently qualified to be Prez, after all, he's a faithful West Wing watcher. That right there makes him more qualified than our current incumbent (who I suspect may not be able to turn televisions on without (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) But don't you see that that is the crux of the matter. The Left has forced the issue-- now the only solution is an "all or nothing" one. The activists couldn't just leave well enough alone. (...) Really now. You know that's not what it's (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) I think this is an example of what people all over the net are reacting to: (URL) particularly like the phrase "secure the election" in a quote from Homeland Security. Chris (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Not particularly on topic for .debate but what the heck( was Re: Geography

(...) Not bad. You have me beat for foreign countries, that's for sure. Countries: US, Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, Italy, Australia, Japan States of the US: All but HI, ME, MT, AR, NM, ND (unless you (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Metru Nui Goes Political

Lego has put up a teaser about the Vahki enforcement squads in Mertu Nui. Substitute "Department of Homeland Security" for "Vahki" and "Constitution" for "law" and you have an all too topical bit of agitprop. "Matoran are disappearing." Indeed. (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Geography (was: We'll take in your poor....)

(...) When??? (refers to edited highlight) We ought to have given you a LUG reception, had we known in advance you were coming! :-) Great list. Mine is about the same size, but probably less extensive within the countries themselves: Portugal, (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Not particularly on topic for .debate but what the heck( was Re: Geography

(...) (Enters the public toilet) Within Australia: All mainland states & territories, lived in Tasmania, NSW and Victoria Countries: USA, Canada, Indonesia, Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, UK (England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland) USA: California, (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) That'd never happen. Conservative corporate interests wouldn't want to see it happen because it'd mean that all of those companies that have moved production plants down there would have to start paying US minimum wage (or worse, Union wage), (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Metru Nui Goes Political

(...) Obviously, LEGO is too politically correct (and marketing savvy) to openly criticize American political policies. In fact, pushing a Soviet-style marketing campaign is probably cutting-edge daring for them. But that doesn't mean such (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Metru Nui Goes Political

(...) Yeah, very true. The entire Vahki/Metru Nui saga is taking a Soviet turn (as is the US, IMO). The press release for the Vahki has a new tagline: "Surrender or Run". The fonts and artwork style used on the ad collateral is very reminiscent of (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Geography (was: We'll take in your poor....)

(...) Hmmm, maybe it's a pretty darn big world after all! :-) JOHN (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) I thought the issue was that they were unlikely to vote for Buchanan. (...) The issue was that the Democrats were only bringing known pro-Dem areas into question in the first place. Voting errors occur all the time, and Gore's campaign wasn't (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Geography (was: We'll take in your poor....)

"Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> wrote in message news:I0rBKu.1C9r@lugnet.com... (...) into (...) Flying against the planetary rotation might get you somewhere, I'm not sure how all the dynamics work. What I do know is that in the (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.323)

More:  Next Page >>