 Off-Topic / Debate / 24793
Re: Question for the Conservatives out there
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 00:06:21 GMT

   Canada is going to have to take a number. I’d rather have (the rest of) Mexico first:-)

That’d never happen. Conservative corporate interests wouldn’t want to see it happen because it’d mean that all of those companies that have moved production plants down there would have to start paying US minimum wage (or worse, Union wage), and liberal interests wouldn’t want to see the welfare system, social security, and the possibility of ever acheiving national health-care shredded into micro-scopic pieces by the annexation of an economy that’s so much lower than our own.