 Off-Topic / Debate / 24786
Re: Not particularly on topic for .debate but what the heck( was Re: Geography
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:37:03 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Parsons wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
Seattle to the north (visted the Evil Empire).  Boston to the east.  Hawaii
to the west.  Only 10 states.  Belize to the south (quick one day dash out
of Mexico).  Tried to get the assignment that would have taken me to London,
but alas.  So, I'm further down the "piddly" scale, I'm afraid.

Downright provincial:-)

Moi: Canada, Mexico, Spain, Portugal, France, (West) Germany, Austria,
Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Israel, Egypt, Jordan; most of those countries on
multiple occasions, and 34 states.

Not bad. You have me beat for foreign countries, that's for sure.

Countries: US, Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark,
Switzerland, Italy, Australia, Japan

States of the US: All but HI, ME, MT, AR, NM, ND (unless you count flyovers in
which case all but HI but no one ever does)
Territories of the US: PR, DC

Oo! Oo!

Finally a piddling contest I can do reasonably well in!

Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany (both sides before the wall
came down), Ireland, Malaysia, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Switzerland,
Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom (inc Scotland, Wales, England,
and Northern Ireland), United States of America.

The USA includes California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New
Jersey, New York, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and DC.

(Enters the public toilet)

Within Australia: All mainland states & territories, lived in Tasmania, NSW and
Victoria

Countries: USA, Canada, Indonesia, Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, UK (England,
Wales, Scotland, Ireland)

USA: California, Oregon, Washington, Michigan(both halves), Wisconsin, Iowa,
Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Nevada

Canada: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario

(Washes hands and checks hairdo in mirror)

ROSCO