 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 3141 – 3160 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Driver humiliated by Texas judge

Neat, welcome ot .o-t.d, Tim :-) (...) That's a pretty big "if." There are three parts of this issues that seem noteworthy to me. First, modern disciplinary thought (well, not all of it, but the good stuff) suggests that punishment supplants the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I've always viewed it as mixed-handedness when you do some things with one and some things with the other. Being fully ambidextrous should require being able to do everything with either hand at will, and being partially ambidextrous should (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Is LUGNET what you really want? (Was: Re: Lavender Brick Society)

(...) Wayne, I don't know if your question is meant to be rhetorical to the general members, or if it's directly specifically at me. If the latter, then unfortunately it reads like you missed the point of my post (or I failed to make it well). I was (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: False premise in this message needs to be identified as what it is

(...) I can't say I agree-- by saying that, you're absolutely forcing LUGNET into a position of choosing a religion by arguing that something that's *unreligious* is a religion in and of itself. Hence, you could argue that nothing ever was (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I'm not sure I agree-- I don't find it repulsive at all-- rather like, I dunno, say, Islam. I'm not Islamic and I'm not gay. Neither are my cup of tea, and I'm not about to start praying to Allah or jumping in bed with another guy, but I'm not (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Joakim, No problem asking. Several examples of LGBT related MOCs were already brought up, but to recap: there was a castle inhabited by lesbians, a gay bar, a gay "ghetto" (most big cities have one - NYC's Chelsea, Seattle's Capitol Hill, (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) It parsed with the ancient Greeks. It was considered socially acceptable for mentors to engage in consensual acts with their also-male students, but only the passive partner was considered to be gay. Also, I've heard theories stated that the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Though I've never even heard of Eliade or his/her? work, why would that be "odd"? That you aren't a fan and that I sound like (okay, I googled it...) him should sound about right, no;-) (...) Again, the ultimate expression of society isn't (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) That's pretty much proven by evolution, if nothing else. Heterosexual pairings can produce offspring, but homosexual ones can't, therefore the heterosexual lifestyle is self-propogating and the homosexual one isn't. (...) Survival of the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Driver humiliated by Texas judge

I don't normally start topics in o-t.d, but seeing that this article caught my interest I thought I would. Plus, it may divert attention away from other discussions. Driver humiliated by Texas judge: (URL) thoughts? If this becomes common practice (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

"Jeff Pelletier" <jeff@studio7733.com> wrote in message news:I496JG.Io6@lugnet.com... snipped some old stuff. (...) more and (...) to (...) in (...) No (...) is (...) think (...) would (...) speak (...) ignorant to (...) civil (...) can't (...) (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

John wrote in message ... (...) That (...) Merely (...) Basically, yes. But some people distinguish between homosexual (attracted to the same sex) and gay (attracted to the same sex and itentifying themselves as part of the gay community). (...) Not (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) In the Western world, Victorian prudishness is the primary closeting force. But before I answer further, can you give me an ironclad reason why sexual acts must be private? And I caution you against such moral relativism as "society has (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

well. This isn't how I would usually choose to out myself, but....I feel obliged to make some kind of response. I am a long time lego fan, and I live a gay lifestyle. Although it is usually not discussed, most people who know me also know this, or (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) We can't be sure, but the fact that non-human animals have demonstrated homosexual preferences suggests that it could very well be genetic for many people. For others it could be psychological (horribly traumatized by one or more members of (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Hmmm. So what happens to people like me, who drink supermarket generic cola, non-caffienated, but with all the usual sugar? I'm just dying to know :-) Kevin (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) "Normative: That which is not perceived or experienced by members of a society as odd, peculiar, outlandish, or even as deserving of unusual attention, because either: (a) it is culturally typical, conventional, and encountered commonly in the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I won't swear to it, but I think that puts you in the Pit of People Condemned to read Reader's Digest for All Eternity. If it didn't have any sugar in addition to being decaffienated, you'd simply be an atheist. -->Bruce<-- (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Worthlessness

(...) You should, or else Dave! is correct. (...) You should, or else Dave! is correct. (...) Not at all the same. I still don't have a satisfactory answer from atheists to the question "why do good?" (from a personal standpoint rather than some (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Oh I believe you DO want to offend gays. And NO, it's not the truth. I do not find it repulsive. I would in fact say that I find it nice to see people loving each other freely nowadays, compared to some eras or some places in the world where (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

More:  Next Page >>