 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 1561 – 1580 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  The Crux of the Matter?

Double standard on globalization (URL) American industry wants to be free to shift labor around the globe. And it fiercely lobbies against any restrictions, such as transnational labor standards. But when it comes to property, business lobbies just (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

property
(score: 1.989)

  Re: Perl rules!

(...) I didn't mean to say that it was necessary for a language to be "high level" but it certainly is a common property of high-level langauges (for example Lisp/Scheme, Logo, PostScript*, and Perl). (...) It certainly has a variety of mis-uses, (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

property
(score: 1.989)

  Re: Cuba

(...) I would reword that as "if your personal values say that others do not have the right to dispose of you and your property as they see fit". Wouldn't you agree? (...) Did you or someone you are closely related to live in a communist bloc (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.989)

  Re: Why is cockfighting bad? (was: Pokemon (was: Harry Potter Lego Line))

(...) Good question. I don't have a definitive answer but I do have some further thought starters... In Star Wars, is there a good side and a bad side? Is the simulated violence there as part of the story line? Or is the violence there merely to (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.989)

  stunningly geedy people

Today I learned I am being sued because almost two years ago I barely bumped the back of a guys explorer. I hit the part that holds the trailer hitch; there was no hitch on there though. It was pouring rain and when I stopped at the light I slid a (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.989)

  Re: Flag Burning

(...) Carried out in a safe, non polluting manner, on property that is controlled by someone granting permission and using a flag legitimately purchased, burning the flag is protected free speech. It's not a statement *I* would care to make but it's (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.989)

  Re: The skinny on Jenin, the European Press

(...) <blink blink> Really? The Scots and the English have been assuming ownership of each others abandoned property for centuries, I thought. They've even occaisionally arranged for a little spontanious abandonment. James (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.989)

  Re: Idiots, Part Deux

(...) So if my wife wanted to end our marriage, I should be able to sue her for loss of my relationship 'property'? Richie (22 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.989)

  Re: Keeping Larry Amused

(...) Maybe in the example of the toppling stiff, the responsibility is an assumed or implied responsibility that comes with owning land or property? As opposed to a direct responsibility such as that of your children etc. (...) Bruce, I know that (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.989)

  Re: Debunk this?

(...) 'terrorist (...) This seems to assume that the UN is perfect. What if the UN chooses to use force against a government's people or property to make the government tow the line? Isn't that terrorism? Chris (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.989)

  Re: Yet another push for thoughtful legislation from Tennessee

(...) What does membership in a private club have to do with forcing gays out of their own private property? And, just to address your example, the fictional "Todd" may well have to justify his reason, and to a judge, depending on the Terms of (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

property
(score: 1.989)

  Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) Is this what you say to everyone whose hackles raise at being enslaved? "Oh, so you're someone else's property. So someone else gets to play with you as a toy and if you're not entertaining, put you to death. Grouse, whine, cry! Just get over (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.989)

  Re: stuff (was: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote in message ... (...) funds (...) perhaps (...) border. (...) Well, you are responsible. Now if you can ever prove that your neighbor dragged the body onto your property, you might be able to sue him for damages. He's also (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.989)

  Re: Tony Martin case: You can't {make up} better criticism of Liberals!

(...) Well in that specific case I would probably shoot the guy in the leg, kick him in the head a couple time to make good and sure he is unconscious, tie him up, and call the police. If that is illegal then I now know why the crime rate is so high (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

property
(score: 1.989)

  Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?

(...) We have ONE point of reasonably solid information in this subject: We have a statement from a TLC employee that they could be FIRED for showing a consumer the retailers catalog. Well ok, we have two pieces of evidence. The only way TLC has (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

property
(score: 1.989)

  Re: Vote against/for...

(...) The people of a country are either free or they are not, there is no middle ground. (...) Well if we let them get away with illegal property seizure, illegal imprisonment, and other blatantly obvious facist acts, who is to say they won't try. (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.989)

  Separation of Church and State

(URL) which granite tablets inscribed with the 10 commandments were removed from school property. Is this separation or liberalism run amok? I dunno. If, say, I was a teacher at this school, and I had a card with the 10 commandments on my desk, is (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.989)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) I agree. Even if "the rich" rent their home, the owner will pass on the tax cost. Taxing the relative value of property also allows more for local markets than a nationwide income tax. Scott A (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

property
(score: 1.989)

  Re: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?

(...) So be it then, Dan. Clearly your idea of rights is far different from mine, and I will indeed take your statements about rights with a grain of salt since your definition, from my perspective, is flawed. ++Lar (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.989)

  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) What it means is that whatever is primary in our lives is our god. For some people it is money, or power, property, sex, popularity, image, relationships, ........., even LEGO. It could be a combination of any of these things or a different (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.989)

More:  Next Page >>