 Off-Topic / Debate / 1169
1168  |  1170
Subject:
stunningly geedy people
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 06:55:13 GMT

Today I learned I am being sued because almost two years ago I barely
bumped the back of a guys explorer.  I hit the part that holds the
trailer hitch; there was no hitch on there though.   It was pouring rain
and when I stopped at the light I slid a little and bumped him.  It
cracked my saturn's plastic bumper a little, and did no damage to his
car.  I didn't even get a ticket.  This isn't property because he
already went to court to try to get 2,000 dollars in property damage and
got 100 even though my insurance had offered him 500 for a paint
scratch.  God knows what kind of injury he is claiming.  What kind of
person does this?  I'm a graduate student with no money! I'm sure he'll
be thrilled to learn the little money I do have is tied up in LEGO.