 Off-Topic / Debate / 1173
Re: stunningly geedy people
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 16:18:52 GMT

Patricia Schempp wrote:

Lee Jorgensen wrote:

Hmmm ...

How can he PROVE that the little run in with you TWO YEARS ago
caused his injury?  Does he have evidence that can prove this?

I doubt this..he didn't go to the hospital after the wreck.

I find this on the humorous side, since for the last two years he hasn't
said a word about it.

The statute of limitations is about to run out so I guess that's why I'm
getting slamed with it now.  How wretched is humanity!

Unfortunately, you probably need a lawyer, which if this case is thrown
out or you win, you maybe able to recoup the costs of that.  Depending
upon state laws.

The good news here is that my insurance company will provide a laywer and
handle this.

-probably just needs $$$ and thinks that he can get it out of you ...

When will people realize that trying to get money out of graduate students is
silly?

Of course if he's lucky, he'll get money out of your insurance company.
If he's real lucky, he could win a judgement which would force you to
liquidate your Lego and garnish future wages. And if certain people have
their way, you would no longer be able to declare bankruptcy to get out
of the mess.

My guess, the other guy's lawyer is expecting he can get a quick
settlement which will cover his costs, and give the other guy a small
amount of money. Of course he probably hasn't told the other guy that...

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com