 Off-Topic / Debate / 21760
21759  |  21761
Subject:
The Crux of the Matter?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:59:17 GMT

Double standard on globalization

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/211/oped/Double_standard_on_globalizationP.shtml

American industry wants to be free to shift labor around the globe. And it fiercely lobbies against any restrictions, such as transnational labor standards. But when it comes to property, business lobbies just as hard for ground rules that make it impossible for consumers to benefit from product imports that allegedly breach property rules.

Could we place a tax on labor performed abroad? Again, job creation is one of the reasons we allow the legal fiction of the corporation as a person.

-- Hop-Frog