 Off-Topic / Debate / 4002
Re: Keeping Larry Amused
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:32:09 GMT

if Libertopia, (or any other society?) allows completely free
immigration, there will be costs that it's not clear who has to bear,
hence the statement that everyone has to be responsible for their
actions may fail because some consequences happen with no clear idea of
who caused them or who to go after to recover costs from..."

Very good!  I must not be such a great wiggler after all.  You have in your
arguments have clearly said I am responsible for someone else that I haven't
accepted responsiblity for.

Maybe in the example of the toppling stiff, the responsibility is an assumed or
implied responsibility that comes with owning land or property? As opposed to
a direct responsibility such as that of your children etc.

Too bad really, their loss, but it's not my
personal mandate to bring horses to water, much less get them to drink
if they're too stupid to. I have other windmills that interest me more.

Agreed.  But then, since the Libertarian party has gone nowhere for quite a
long time, I don't really need to.  :-)

Bruce, I know that you didn't start it, but maybe accepting that not making
personal jibes can help make you a better person(1), will enable you to ignore
the ones you recieve? You have some interesting points, but don't let others
distract you from them by their point-scoring attempts.

Richard

1 - Value judgement, but that's not the crux