 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 1161 – 1180 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) "Deserve" a better word? What rights would you ascribe to children? (...) I'm not even sure by what criteria one could use to support or reject such a claim. I go by this: men and women are very different by nature; vastly more different than (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 0.622)

  Re: We'll just wave...

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John Neal wrote: snip (...) I don't think it's an all-or-nothing proposition. I mean, even Canadians own guns! (not me, but I digress) There are lines that can be drawn--the ones in their own little camps that have the (...) (12 years ago, 17-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.622)

  Re: 40 Reasons to support Gun Control.

(...) Bear in mind Mike, that "conservatives" or Republicans aren't particularly more friendly to your second amendment rights than those nasty liberals. The truth is, it is in the interest of anyone who wants to control you to disarm you. (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 0.622)

  Re: 40 Reasons to support Gun Control.

(...) I agree with you completely on this. In fact so does the NRA, laws should punish criminals not infringe upon the rights of law-abiding citizens. (...) Fair enough. -Mike Petrucelli (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 0.622)

  Re: M6 Crash

(...) Well, it depends on the cargo. A few years back, a fuel truck crashed on I-95 and I think it was a couple days before they had that section of the road open again. If the accident caused serious property loss, I don't begrudge a certain amount (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.622)

  Re: We'll just wave...

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Koudys wrote: <snippage> (...) I don't think that the issue is automatic vs semi-auto. All of these mass killings would be tragic whether 10 were killed or 28 were killed. (...) Lay off the LSD, Dave! (URL) (...) (...) (12 years ago, 18-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.622)

  Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) there's an interesting project being run by PETA looking at these very issues ( (URL) ). I first looked at the site last year and found it pretty interesting. Probabaly the only thing PETA has ever done that I almost like. (...) Larry, I think (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.622)

  Re: We'll just wave...

(...) Y'know what else sucks? Firefighters responding to a house fire getting shot at in Rochester, New York. So instead of putting out the fire and saving a home for a family, 1 (maybe 2) firefighters are in the hospital from gunshot wounds, and at (...) (12 years ago, 24-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.622)

  Re: 40 Reasons to support Gun Control.

(...) Well, here's the thing-- I am becoming increasingly swayed to 'the dark side'. Let me clear this up--I will never personally own a gun. I don't like 'em, and I fundamentally believe that they are a statement of 'giving up' on any other action (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 0.621)

  Re: Rolling Blackouts

Christopher, I found this text which goes over most of your points. It is rather long (I have not read it all yet). The key passage for me is this one: == ++ == "The libertarian's error resides in their proposal that privatization, which is clearly (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.621)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) Well... If presently: "marriage is defined as the union of one consenting adult male and one consenting adult female" And proposed: "marriage is defined as the union of two consenting adults" (Assuming they're human, US citizens [is that (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.621)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) This is hardly new ground, but alright, here are the specific cites: From George Bush's State of the Union Address, January 28, 2003: Lie #1: "The United Nations concluded in 1999 that Saddam Hussein had biological weapons sufficient to (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 0.621)

  Re: We'll just wave...

(...) Logical fallacy alert... "We must do SOMETHING!!!!" "THIS is 'something'" ... "therefore we must do THIS" Often, the right thing to do is, "nothing", that is, don't change the system as a whole in response to a minor upset. Also, I am reminded (...) (12 years ago, 20-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.621)

  Re: We'll just wave...

(...) I agree in principle with what you are saying, Dave, but here's the problem: if you disarm the GP, then only the bad guys will have guns. And they will have them, in addition with the knowledge that whomever they chose to rob will most likely (...) (12 years ago, 17-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.621)

  Re: We'll just wave...

(...) Molly Ivins-- "In truth, there is no rational argument for guns in this society. This is no longer a frontier nation in which people hunt their own food. It is a crowded, overwhelmingly urban country in which letting people have access to guns (...) (12 years ago, 17-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.621)

  Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?))

(...) One interesting question is how does one determine that someone has accepted an implied or understood contract? (...) Ok, now how are TLC's intellectual property rights different from the property rights of me for my LEGO collection? Or is the (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.621)

  Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) I am not sure if I agree. If you are correct, look at which companies are wrecking the planet in the developing world... it is multinational companies from the developed world. The true cost of life in the west is very high: Oil 'time-bomb' in (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.621)

  Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) I can't find the exact cite right now, but an extension of Maslow's 'Hierarchy of needs' implies that environmental awareness(1) and the desire to protect it typically does not arrise in a society until that society reaches some level of (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.620)

  Re: We'll take in your poor, your homeless, your oppressed...

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@...areDOTcom> wrote in message news:I0Jrr3.GAL@lugnet.com... (...) short (...) to (...) own and (...) foreign (...) always (...) answer (...) Hmm, how do you define sovereignty? Does it require consent of the (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 0.620)

  Re: We'll take in your poor, your homeless, your oppressed...

(...) Not sure--maybe they could go at night, when no one's watching. Your other post suggesting "information" seems a good compromise, unless the surrounding nation can somehow claim the airwaves as its own property and thereby charge for their (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 0.620)

More:  Next Page >>