 Off-Topic / Debate / 24688
Re: We'll take in your poor, your homeless, your oppressed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 19:35:32 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@ascentialsoftwareDOTcom> wrote in
message news:I0Jrr3.GAL@lugnet.com...
The Macho Libertarian Flash(tm) answer is that there is NO justification, • short
of actually being invaded by another sovereignty and needing to repel the
attack, that justifies attack on another sovereign country.

Nor is there any justification for preventing citizens from *volunteering* • to
fight on their own recognizance (with the proviso that they're on their • own and
no rescue will be forthcoming if they get captured) for or against a • foreign
power, or raising funds for causes they believe in.

In that ideal answer there is no problem such as you pose, the answer is • always
no, you're not justified.

The problem is, while it's a goal to be strived for, it's not a practical • answer
in all cases.

Hmm, how do you define sovereignty? Does it require consent of the people
and property owners covered by the claim of sovereignty? Who can make a
claim of sovereignty?

Frank