 Off-Topic / Debate / 24689
Re: We'll take in your poor, your homeless, your oppressed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 19:37:59 GMT

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message
Maybe a sort of international tribunal, or collection of representatives • from
all sovereign nations can be formed that could arbitrate disputes between
individual sovereign nations.  An international coalition can say, "Hey
sovereign nation #1, we, as an international community, state that you
massacring your citizens is wrong.  If you don't change your erronous • ways, we
will send 'peacekeepers' into your country.  If you won't allow that, then • a)
you're out of the international coalition but more importanly in this new • world
when trade, finances, and goods are very important--all trade in and out • of your
nation to any other nation is banned until you submit.

This does tend to be the best way to deal with people who won't play nice.
Of course at some point, I think you need to come to the rescue of people
who are being forced into situations against their will.

I forget now, were you a supporter of the trade sanctions against Iraq?

Frank