 Off-Topic / Debate / 24694
Re: We'll take in your poor, your homeless, your oppressed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 19:55:16 GMT

These are LMF answers, not my own, which are rather muddier.

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz wrote:

Hmm, how do you define sovereignty? Does it require consent of the people
and property owners covered by the claim of sovereignty?

Yes, each and every one...

Who can make a
claim of sovereignty?

Any group of people, no matter how small, whether territorial or not. At the
extreme, it must be unanimous consent or else provision must be made to exclude
the dissenters from the claimed sovereignty. A properly constituted LMF
government must always allow secession by any group that wishes to leave.

See? not very practical.