 Off-Topic / Debate / 28709
Re: We'll just wave...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2012 00:12:36 GMT

   We can’t eliminate the issue of someone killing someone else--that’ll never happen. However, as your president stated, knowing this, we can’t just say, ‘oh well, since we can’t eliminate it, let’s do nothing...’

The problem is that, just doing something can and usually is worse than doing nothing.

Really? Trying to limit the carnage and death of your fellow citizens is worse than doing nothing?

you’re beter than that.

Logical fallacy alert... “We must do SOMETHING!!!!” “THIS is ‘something’” ... “therefore we must do THIS”

Often, the right thing to do is, “nothing”, that is, don’t change the system as a whole in response to a minor upset.

Also, I am reminded of Rahm “never let a good crisis go to waste” Emmanuel. Everyone’s running around proposing all sorts of new laws

Where is the outrage over the hundreds of children killed in drone strikes? No child should die needlessly. But are US kids better than Pakistani kids???