 Off-Topic / Debate / 28708
Re: We'll just wave...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2012 21:58:04 GMT

   Really?? The system worked???

I know 26 families that would beg to differ

Dave: thousands of people die each year in auto accidents. We have traffic laws, but sometimes they don’t work. Often, in fact. Is the solution to ban the automobile? The sad fact is that shit happens.

   We are a BIG country, so the analogy breaks down, IMO. Further, there are already a brazillion guns in this country already-- eliminating then would be next to impossible. It would be Deja Prohibition all over again.

So because the cause, even though it’s just and best for your society, isn’t worth the undertaking because it’s too difficult? Wow, you Yanks have come along way (backwards) since the ‘60’s.

It’s more of a pragmatic issue. Banging our proverbial heads against a wall isn’t going to change anything, so why even attempt it? There is a better solution somewhere. As I mentioned before; I believe that technology will solve this problem better than some rapid, knee-jerk, stopgap measure.

   Really? Trying to limit the carnage and death of your fellow citizens is worse than doing nothing?

you’re beter than that.

What I mean is that a solution that exacerbates the problem is worse than doing nothing. For example, some want to repeal the 2nd Amendment. YOU might think that it is a good idea, but it isn’t. Really.

JOHN