 Off-Topic / Debate / 28705
Re: We'll just wave...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2012 20:42:28 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

as, again, an opportunity to have a legitimate discussion about guns in that
sociopathic country to the south of us goes right on by.

When?

Seriously, when are you going to put your kid killing toys away?

There are no words for what 27 families are going through today because a very
tiny minority want their 'security blanket'

Grow up.

I'll take the bait.

When we are forever secure from the possibility of tyranny, I'd be happy to see
the Second Amendment repealed.[1] Til then, these tragedies are the price we
pay. We should do everything we can to reduce the scope and frequency of them,
and there are a lot of things that can be done. And I'll gladly talk about them
at length... But getting rid of guns completely isn't one of them.

Again, no one said completely.

A Well Regulated Miltia[2] should be armed with whatever man portable weapons
are the best current technology available. Anything less violates the 2nd.

That's bs, selective interpretation, and just plain idiocy.

1 - hint, this day will never come. We will never be forever safe from possible
tyranny. Ask the Syrians.

2 - That is, every able bodied citizen who wishes to bear arms. Read the
Federalist Papers if you're unclear on what Well Regulated and Militia mean in
the context of the late 18th century. They don't mean what you think they do, I
bet.

this 20 yr old was 'able bodied'.  Should he have had access?  He did, so
where's your argument?

See, this is where your whole argument falls apart.  Well Regulated and militia
are very specific words.

As the days and weeks ahead make their showing, you will see more and more ppl
that were once in your camp finally realizing that your society can no longer
survive and grow with your limited and misinterpreted and 'put high on a
pedestal' love affair with the 2nd.  THe cracks are already showing in the
walls--Joe Scarborough has stopped drinking the kool-aid and is talking about
maybe getting stricter gun laws

You don't have the faith in your fellow citizen to not allow a tyrrany to
happen, yet you want your fellow citizen to put his or her faith in you that
you'll conduct yourself lawfully with your 'carry and conceal' 'portable'
weapons of mass destruction of 6 yr olds.

Yeah, is time to grow up and put away your security blanket,

Dave K