 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 1061 – 1080 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: The skinny on Jenin, the European Press

(...) John, You really are a worry. I wish I could just dismiss all the news I dislike as being part of some sort of conspiracy. Life would be so much easier! The facts were: 1. Heavy gunfire coming form Jenin 2. Israel, a nation with an appalling (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.291)

  Re: The skinny on Jenin, the European Press

(...) Just like the center appears to be the left when viewed from the right. Right? Non serious studies are those that set out to support a point as part of a funded agenda rather than to seek the truth. I would suggest tobacco health studies done (...) (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.291)

  Re: The skinny on Jenin, the European Press

(...) "Serious"??? As opposed to what other kind?:-) Well anyway, from the left, the center does appear to be the right;-) The reason the rumours of a "massacre" lived so (...) No, the rumors persisted because the media was so jaded by their bias (...) (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.291)

  Re: Does Political Correctness Kill?

(...) political correctness and fair treatment are significant. It seems that Mr. Steyn thinks that because various federal agencies dropped the ball, we should hassle all Saudis. I don't buy it. For the same reason that I'm offended by blacks (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.289)

  Re: slight

(...) You have misidentified me, sir. I do not find it vexing in the least when people omit the (tm) on things. I personally could care less about the entire matter, except for the slight fact that I have trademarks that I have invested effort in (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 2.288)

  Re: The skinny on Jenin, the European Press

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:GwzKCL.HHp@lugnet.com... (...) OK, so you can’t back your allegation. (...) No, but I can’t tell the difference between non-terrorist “united-statesman” and a terrorist one either. Do you think everyone (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.286)

  Re: Fan Thank You Letter

(...) K, all the cites are false. THanks for the link. Doesn't in any way, shape or form stop the rampant stupidity of the 'sueing generation' 'I can't wait for something to happen to me where I can sue somebody!' I hear it, you, obviously have (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.285)

  Re: Poll: Majority Palestinians See Israel's Elimination as Goal

(...) There is no (historic) Palestine. There is no such thing as Palestinians. The whole concept was made up during the last 50 years so 'we' could stop calling them Arab refugees. (...) Wouldn't it be cool if your "ordinary Palestinians" actually (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.285)

  Re: Poll: Majority Palestinians See Israel's Elimination as Goal

(...) It is not my choice of words. I am referring to the wording of the question... nothing more (see above). However, you are quite wrong. The Balfour declaration (1917) quite clearly referred to the area as “Palestine”. I have no idea when it was (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.284)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Schuler writes: <snip> (...) even better quotes from Mr Bush: Speaking Thursday at the G-8 summit in Canada, Bush said the ruling was "out of step with the history and traditions of America," and said it highlighted (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.284)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) It's pretty obvious what brands of religion are going to be the most concerned about this issue. And I don't feel like looking up all your past posts merely to discover that you ARE indeed some kind of christian, it is my assumption that you (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.283)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) Say again? How can one worship the absence of God? or higher power? Higher Power, God. Semantics here? What then? You did not answer (...) Well, I happen to believe that establishing a religion entails a little more than that, and I think that (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.283)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) What else would you expect? :-) (...) Well, I meant *in* history, not for all time. The US is the greatest nation to have ever existed, even though we've only been around for 200odd years. Heck, Americans have driven SUVs on the moon-- we've (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.283)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) I have not mentioned any particular religion so far, so for you to is a little puzzling... If the FF weren't religious, why envoke the name of God in the D of I? (...) So why should *now* be any different? (As any politician will soon find out (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.283)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) Thank you Simon, for bringing up Liberia. Any nation whose Constitution guarantees the freedoms of its people deserves to be included among the greatest nations on earth. The table is set for that country-- the possibilities for them are (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.282)

  One Nation (Under God) Indivisible, With Liberty...(was: Re: Troll Alert)

(...) Hey, that's how I felt about the Troll Alert-- funny, but not very useful;-) I suspect that in this current (...) I gathered. Your posts seem to fit his definition (...) Thank you for recognizing that fact. Of course I'm not a troll, and while (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.282)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) Because the Declaration isn't a document of law; it's a Declaration of Independence (that's why they call it that). (...) The Founding Fathers' position on the matter was that Congress shall make no law respecting religion. Again, the DOI is (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.282)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) I'd say that the actual start of our country is somewhat nebulous. I guess it feels good for us to say that it is 4 July 1776, but we had been effectively governing ourselves for some time at that point. Further, I think the adoption of the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.282)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) In many respects the USA is "Great". But so was Goliath. Economically and Militarly the USA is "great". But, increasingly, it has failed to be morally "Great". (...) You are free to conform to the norm. I would have more respect for your scrap (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.282)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) Indeed, but it is important to iron out any imperfections. You constitution allows political power to be bought and sold. Millionaires can buy elections. Third parties can run negative campaigns against candidates (eg NRA). Your embassies are (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.282)

More:  Next Page >>