 Off-Topic / Debate / 22813
Re: Seriously...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 19:06:49 GMT

   The only issue for me was the ‘colourful language’.

Of course! What else are we talking about????

JOHN

“ Nothing to follow. Jon expressed an opinion, and a rather benign one at that. Is this grounds for banishment? And even if insulting is grounds for banishment, I personally have endured countless personal attacks at the hands of RM; far worse than this! RM?s leash is far and away longer than anyone else?s on LUGNET, and his latest attack on Jon is IMO the lowest point to which LUGNET has ever descended. His disdain for everything this community stands for is contemptible. ”

What I was responding to there was Tom’s assertion that Jon be suspended as well. I questioned whether insults were really grounds for reprimand for if they were, RM has been guilty numerous times in the past without consequence (long leash).

   No mention of the colourful language, but the ‘disdain for everything this community stands for’, directed as a blanket statement to Richard’s postings in general.

No, what I meant was his willful use of vile language in this particular post in this family forum was tantamount to flipping off the entire community. And worse, he is not concrite in the least, and arrogantly so. These little rules by which we all agree to play (civility chiefly among them) are beneath him.

   ‘RM’s leash’--up till this point, RM has had the same ‘leash’ as everyone else. There was no usage of foul language up ‘till this point, and he got ‘reeled in’ for the usage.

And that brings me back to my initial point with Tom. If Jon’s little barb is grounds for punishment, RM should have been punished many times previously but wasn’t.

RM’s utter contempt for this community by his purposeful use of forbidden language in his ugly invective is what finally got him suspended.

JOHN