 Off-Topic / Debate / 20886
20885  |  20887
Subject:
"Saving" Private Lynch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 14:01:18 GMT

This makes good reading:

The truth about Jessica
http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,956127,00.html
==+==
"It was like a Hollywood film. They cried, 'Go, go, go', with guns and blanks
and the sound of explosions. They made a show - an action movie like Sylvester
Stallone or Jackie Chan, with jumping and shouting, breaking down doors." All
the time with the camera rolling. The Americans took no chances, restraining
doctors and a patient who was handcuffed to a bed frame.

There was one more twist. Two days before the snatch squad arrived, Al-Houssona
had arranged to deliver Jessica to the Americans in an ambulance. "I told her I
will try and help you escape to the American Army but I will do this very
secretly because I could lose my life." He put her in an ambulance and
instructed the driver to go to the American checkpoint. When he was approaching
it, the Americans opened fire. They fled just in time back to the hospital. The
Americans had almost killed their prize catch.
==+==

Scott A