 Off-Topic / Debate / 20928
Re: "Saving" Private Lynch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 10:12:58 GMT

1 - there seems to be a peculiar fascination with plagarism in some corners
here. I'm rather baffled by why it's so fascinating, actually. I would tend
to think that out and out fabrication of facts is far worse than plagarism,
and that plagarism by a national newspaper's reporter is rather worse than
plagarism of a random line or two here in .debate by one of the regulars...
but then I find that last "crime" rather small beer.

Are you saying plagiarism is ~OK~. I think that is the wrong sort of signal to
send.

If it were just me, and it isn't, I think we can let Larry off the carpet
for this one.  I mean, with all the things we can harp on about debating
techniques, Larrys transgression from a long time ago is small taters
compared to the trolling, the obfuscation, the outright contempt for
differing opinions--but your mileage may vary ;)

Ah! So it's Larry who is the plagiarist; I wondered whom he was talking
about! ;)

Scott A