 Off-Topic / Debate / 20894
Re: "Saving" Private Lynch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 22:50:49 GMT

Wake up, for crying out loud!  Get your head out of the Book of Mormon and
smell the evil.  The Pearl of Great Price will not save you if the truth is
laid before you as pearls before swine.  I think I recall something about
god helping those that also help themselves.

I realize that you have some internal connect between politics and religion,
but for me I tend to keep those two worlds completely separate. My political
views have little to do with my religious views, please try to stay focused.

Won't trust a source as reputable as the BBC?  The Brits are our one and
only real ally in this madness!  It's just that the people in the U.K. are a
little more interested in the truth; and given that, hopefully Bush's Poodle
will be out next time around.  So much for your legacy, Mr. Blair.

My mistrust was cast more toward the original post in which the story came
from the guardian, I would not have said the same had I known that the BBC
had also carried the story. Either way I spend little time reading UK press,
but my brother-in-law lives there and the impression he gives me is that
most of papers are tabloid sensationalists. Perhaps he is wrong in his
impression, but it wouldn't suprise me as the majority of the news
organizations, Fox excepted, are very left leaning.

Costello, the minute you learn to deal with reality, reality will also have
to deal with you.  I wish I could persuade thousands like you, not to take
up arms, but to take up the truth -- or at least to dig for it.  You will
not find the truth via much if any of the U.S. media, and certainly not via
FOX or CNN (although even they let slip the truth sometimes).

Maybe I am out of touch, I was not aware that the British and other forien
press corps had a monopoly on the truth. Are you so arrogant that you truely
believe that your perception of reality is absolute, and you are such an
insider that you can completely dismiss American media? I have never nor
will ever claim to be the authority on what is true or right, but I try to
weed out all the spin to get to the core issues. I have many good friends in
law enforcement, and they are faced with dishonesty daily. I had it
explained to me that they listen to the first guys story, then they listen
to the second guys story, acknowledging that both are full of lies and
exaderations, they try to find what the two have in common and discern the
truth from somewhere in between.

Finally my mind is my own, I tend to doubt things that are simply told to
me, or tradition passed down. Another example, when I was growing up my
mother told me that if I went swimming within 30 minutes of eating I would
cramp up and die. As a rebellious teen I tested that theory, and you know
what, I lived. There are many out there that still believe the swiming
theory, I no longer do.

Perhaps you and Dave are right about my contempt for British media, I will
have to reconsider that, but I will continually be suspicious of the
majority of news media organizations. I just grow weary of cutting through
the political opinion mixed in with the real news around here.

Final funny side note that I thought applied, a co-worker of mine lives next
to the guy who hacked into Al-Jasira's web site a few months back. He has
been caught and now faces a good deal of time in prison.

Scott