 Off-Topic / Debate / 20889
Re: "Saving" Private Lynch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 16:56:14 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello writes:
Jessica's rescue, the toppling of the statue, Colin Powell's briefing--all
faked for the mass television audience.  And yet, there's the majority of
the US audience, just gobbling it up.

I wonder if they used that same film crew that rigged up that whole moon
landing thing.

I file this whole discussion right there along with Elvis sightings and the
black helicopters.

Scott C.

So which point do you take exception to, Scott?

"We know that SH has WoMD and we know where they are!"

(pause long enuf to have a war about it)

"Well, we're withdrawing our inspectors next month 'cause we didn't find
anything..."

Conspiracies?

"This is a Mobile Bio Terror Lab!"

(pause)

"This is a agricultural testing lab"

All from "legit" news souces (not the NY Times ;) )

So put your facetious 'black helicopter' and Elvis sighting comments on a
shelf and deal with the reality of the situation--Dubya's premise was
flawed, and events *may* have been "Hollywood"-ed up a bit--Dubya's landing
on the aircraft carrier?  At best it was a waste of taxpayers money to make
a flashy entrance--at worst, it was a waste of taxpayers money to make a
flashy entrance that may help Dubya get re-elected.

This isn't some sort of "We have to go looking for conspiracies under a rock
in the arctic circle" scenario--it's right out there, in black and white.

I remember Jessica's recue--"She had bullet wounds, knife stabs, and was in
terrible shape!" for a few days after the rescue.  Then the real truth
started coming out--well, no she didn't have all these things.

Cowtowing to the 'party line' is equally as reprehensible as going to the
conspiracy fringe.  I'm trying to discern the actual Truth, Scott.  What are
you doing?

Dave K